Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Monday, August 3, 2009

Making the best of Monday

Monday is, without a doubt, the most difficult day of my week. It would be for you too if you went from two days of sleeping in to 7 or 8 AM to getting up at 5. Everyone's tired. Everyone's disappointed about coming back to work after the weekend. Let's all say it: Mondays suck.


But why waste a day of your week being miserable? That's 52 days a year of pouting around. That is unacceptable to me. We are going to make the most of Monday!


Every Monday I will feature my top 3 things that I am happy about or grateful for or looking forward to. Hopefully this will inspire you to also think about the lovely things in your life, thus lifting you out of the Monday blues.




I am thrilled about the gorgeous beach weather we are having in New England. It's been in the 80s and sunny with enough humidity to drive you to the sandy shores.



I got to spend time outside pretty much all day Saturday, and I have some nice color to prove it.


Tomorrow, due to my meeting schedule at work, I can snooze in a bit! Instead of coming into the office at 7 AM, I do not have to come in until 10 AM!

Woooohoooo!!!!




Finally, I am looking forward to Friday. Wait... Who isn't looking forward to Friday at this point? Ha ha... Well, I am especially looking forward to this Friday because the boyfriend (in my musings, I will refer to him as Jed) and I are planning a cookout with some of our nearest and dearest friends to show off the new patio (pictures to come, I promise!).

No comments: