Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Friday, December 11, 2009

Best09: The best place

The best place. A coffee shop? A pub? A retreat center? A cubicle? A nook?

The answer to this question immediately came to me, in my heart, and it surprised me when it reached my mind.

HOME.


As I mentioned in my Challenge post, moving out of my home for the last 28 years this year has been difficult. It's been heart-breaking. Therefore, the best place for me this year has been going home to my parents' house. Eating dinner at the kitchen table, watching TV on the couch with Dad, sharing holidays with my family, laying on my old bed (which now feels as hard as concrete since it too is almost 28 years old).

I'm safe and cozy in my new home, but there's something about truly going home that just warms my heart and renews my sense of self.

2 comments:

Michelle Schraudner said...

I'm the same way. Home is absolutely my favorite place.

William Street Store said...

I love home ♥ ( and i love the image!!)