Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Best09: Laugh

Laugh. What was your biggest belly laugh of the year?


I'd like to think I laughed so much this year that I can't pick just one, but I'm not sure that's entirely true -- for one -- and the question asks my biggest -- for two -- so I'll do my best.

My biggest laughs of the year definitely came while house-hunting with Jed and our realtor (the coolest realtor ever). We had so much fun picking fun at random house details, my terminology and the aspects I noted or the ideas I suggested. One day of touring, we stumbled upon a cute raised ranch on a dead-end street. It was the last house on the street, surrounded by woods. Really nice. The kitchen/living room had wood beams running underneath a cathedral ceiling. Gorgeous. We walked down the hall and peeked into a bedroom, then the master, then the bath...

Oh. my. God.

What kind of crazy bathroom is this?!?

I wish I had a picture to share with you, but the picture I snapped was on realtor's camera, and I never got the copies.

The bathroom, we suspected, used to be a bedroom that was converted into a bathroom at some point. It was huge. There was a closet and normal built-in vanity on the left as you walked in, with a half-wall creating an "entry way" of sorts on the right. Behind the half-wall was the toilet. Diagonally from the toilet was a giant jetted, corner tub. We're talking a half dozen people enjoying the bubbles. Finally, in the corner opposite the hot tub, was the stand-up shower -- tiny -- that might fit half of a person.

I looked at the realtor and asked if we were on the set of a rap video. I was waiting for 50 Cent to swagger in any minute with a glass of bubbly and a dozen beautiful girls in skimpy bikinis to hop in the hot tub.

Seriously. Who renovates a bathroom like that? It wasn't even brand new. It was like mid-90's renovation. We're talking soap scum old. Well, my commentary made the realtor laugh, which made me laugh, which made Jed laugh. We were practically rolling out to the street and into the car, with a confused selling agent looking on. LMAO!

5 comments:

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

i cant think of just one big laugh, i try to have some belly laughs everyday :)

Kelly said...

oh i love this idea..Best09!! such a great idea! i can't wait to read more :)

JennyMac said...

love it...and I am happy to say there have been many laughs this year. My brothers crack me up constantly and when we are all together, it is nuts.

Vivian said...

Lovely post!!! I try to laugh many times everyday... I actually crack up so easily.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments and bday wishes!!!!

Xxxxx

Heather said...

I just stumbled across your blog and saw you were a member of SITS, too. So, of course I had to say hi! and tell you what a great idea I think this is. I laugh all the time. People even tell me they love my laugh all the time. I feel very blessed to have so much to be cheerful about. :)
-Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com