Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Monday, December 14, 2009

Best09: Rush

Rush. When did you get your best rush of the year?


My best rush of the year happened early -- in January -- in Bretton Woods, NH, on my annual ski trip. This was the first year I attempted green trails on my own, since there was light, fresh powder on the ground and the going was fairly easy. It was the best! I loved skiing before this, but I was super hooked after that trip. I felt on top of the world, so proud and powerful. It was also so serene, on top of that mountain surrounded by people but so alone. Quiet, cold, peaceful, beautiful. I don't think there is anything else that gives me that same feeling.

I'm a happy girl, looking down a beautiful mountain!

I can't wait to go back this year in January or February. I might even have my own skis this year!

5 comments:

JennyMac said...

I heart skiing and started when I was about five yrs old (that what you do in the Pacific NW..lol).

Gorgeous pics! I am envying you.

Sierra said...

Skiing is so wonderful, it is a shame that since I lived in UT for so long and I really didn't get a chance to ski that much. Must go skiing again and you should too! :)

Elizabeth Marie said...

I've never skiied (sp?) only snowboarding...but that rush! LOVE IT and I can't wait it go this season.

Midtown Girl said...

Last time I went skiing was in Vail, CO a few yrs back! I think it's time I went for a ski run - so exhilarating!!

XOXO
Amy

Sara said...

sounds like fun!! I am still waiting for that rush! haha I think I'd get it when I first see Sinai (and not Sharm el Sheikh, the real sinai!)