Ever-Changing Reflection

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding... It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.
~ Kahlil Gibran

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Best09: New food and home changes

I have a little catch-up to play today since I didn't post the Best09 prompt yesterday. It's another crazy weekend, so I'm sorry if this post is short and lacking pictures; I'm about to head off to church (to pray for all those bloggers needing God's strength this holiday season).

New food
.
You're now in love with Lebanese food and you didn't even know what it was in January of this year.
For yesterday's prompt, I had to really think about what new food I have tried this year (and make me realize I should try more next year!). I came up with grouper. While down in Palm Beach, I was a little hesitant to try all that southern fish since I'm such a spoiled New England seafood girl. Finally, we went to a nice restaurant with a yummy-sounding grouper special, so I took the plunge and enjoyed my swim! It was well-prepared and delicious! I would definitely try it again in another dish.

What's the best change you made to the place you live?
Today's prompt makes up for yesterday's difficulty, but I feel like I'm being redundant. You all know by now that I moved this year into my own house. I don't think that is the best change though; the best change is really showcasing my personality in my new house. My bedroom is my dream, and it is such a calming place for me now (my old bedroom hadn't changed decor since I was 6, and it was very cluttered). My living room is a cozy space to cuddle next to the wood stove, read a book or watch a movie. My kitchen is efficient and updated and organized. So, I didn't just change where I live, but how I live, and that was the best change this year.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend! Mine is very hectic, chaotic and a tad stressful. I'm actually looking forward to it being over! LOL

No comments: